Common Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- Muffled quality of speech and other sounds
- Difficulty understanding words, especially against background noise or in a crowd
- Asking others to speak more slowly, clearly and loudly
- Needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio
- Avoidance of some social settings
- Missing common sounds like the phone or a doorbell
- Conversations in busy restaurants can become difficult
- Talking on the phone can be annoying
- One begins to withdraw from conversations
- Speech can be delayed for a child
Reading and Writing
What should I do if I suspect that a loved one has a hearing loss?
Hearing loss ranges from mild to profound. Dr. Abramson has the extensive experience which works to your advantage. Patients feel comfortable with Dr. Abramson's experience and skills. Dr. Abramson can evaluate hearing loss throughout the range of audible frequencies and relate any loss to speech and other normal sounds.
- Accurate hearing tests are possible at any age. Hearing screening for newborn babies is required by law.
- Identifying and treating a hearing loss at an early age will improve the child's ability to learn normal speech skills.
- Sign up for hearing and speech screening tests conducted at your child's school or pre-school; Call us to find out which schools have our services.
- Schedule a Pediatric Audiologic Evaluation from Dr. Abramson who sees over 1000 preschoolers a year!
- Hearing loss usually creeps in over time making it hard to notice.
- Schedule an Audiologic Evaluation from a licensed Audiologist who has tested over 10, 000 adults!
- Research has shown that hearing aid owners report an improvement in their quality of life
Hear Now @ Abramson Audiology
Come visit us at our new location at:
30320 Rancho Viejo Road, Suite 104, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675