Professional Qualifications for Maria Abramson, Au.D., CCC-A
- Recognized by the State of California as an expert in Central Auditory Processing (CAPD), routinely serving as an expert witness
- Serves on the California Speech and Hearing Association (CASHA) task force for auditory processing disorders
- Doctor of Audiology, AT Still University, School of Health Sciences, 2006
- Masters of Science in Audiology, University of Washington, 1979
- Bachelors of Science in Speech and Language pathology, Northwestern University, 1977
- Practicing Audiology in Southern California since 1979
Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)
Auditory processing difficulties can be experienced by anyone. Common symptoms include;
- being able to "hear, but does not understand",
- having difficulty reading,
- frequently needing directions to be repeated, and
- having difficulty remembering what was said.
These symptoms can occur with or without a hearing loss. If a hearing loss exists, it must be addressed before a CAPD evaluation. A thorough examination by an audiologist experienced in CAPD is required to identify an auditory processing disorder. Contact Abramson Audiology today.