Welcome! Hear Now is dedicated to helping you or your child improve their hearing and speech understanding.
Dr. Maria Abramson has 30 years experience with both adults and children.
- Pediatric experience working with most school districts in Orange County, California.
- Received an award from the California Speech and hearing Association regarding excellence in pediatric hearing aid fitting.
- She is author of the diagnostic and therapeutic Basic Auditory Training Program.
- Experience helping those who have cochlear implants, or are considering them.
- Fits hearing aids for adults and children with a near 0% return rate. This means the patients that she fits with hearing aids keep them.
- Helps those who have auditory processing problems.
- She is regarded as an expert by the State of California in auditory processing and is routinely requested to be an expert witness in audiology, auditory processing and diagnostic assessments.
- She is on staff at seven hospitals with extensive experience in hearing assessments for adults.
Hear Now is a professional corporation doing business as Abramson Audiology providing accurate hearing assessments and prescribing effective remedies for those of any age who suffer from hearing loss. The Hear Now diagnostic office has been located in Laguna Niguel, California since October, 2002. Dr. Maria Abramson works at schools and hospitals throughout Orange County. Dr. Abramson actively participates in Professional Associations related to Audiology such as:
- Fellow, American Academy of Audiology.
- Member of the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Member of the California Speech and Hearing Association task force on auditory processing disorders.
- Member of the California Academy of Dispensing Audiologists.
- Winner of the California School District 8 Project of the Year award for the PEEPS program designed to help infants, toddlers and school aged children overcome a hearing loss.
Services provided throughout Orange County, CA by
Maria Abramson, Au.D., CCC-A
28985 Golden Lantern, Suite B-105
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Hearing Aid News
by Dr. Maria Abramson on 01/09/14
Replacing tiny hearing aid batteries every week is a challenge for most. A new type of hearing aid is now available that eliminates this problem. Now you can simply place the hearing aid in a small box, close the lid and voila . . . the hearing aids charge automatically. No fumbling with batteries or having to open the battery door! Give us a call at Hear Now to learn more.
“The essence of communication is understanding what people say.”
Maria L.K. Abramson, Au.D., CCC-A, FAAA
If you know someone who has difficulty hearing well, Maria Abramson, Au.D., CCC-A, FAAA can help. She provides a full range of audiologic services throughout Orange County, CA. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology and holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) from the American Speech and Hearing Association.